We strive to achieve the following in order for children to leave our school as well-rounded individuals ready for the next stage in their education:
- To create a happy and supportive community that promotes children’s attainment and progress.
- To value each individual child, member of staff, governor and parent/carer.
- To give a high priority to creating a close and supportive liaison between home, school and the wider community.
- To ensure that children are able to work to the best of their ability continually maximising their potential.
- To ensure that learning is a rewarding, enjoyable experience; in which children are proud of their accomplishments.
- To foster in children the very highest standard of achievement and behaviour through the school’s high expectations.
- To provide a relevant, broad and balanced curriculum that allows for attainment in both academic and creative areas appealing to all learning styles.
- To promote the principles of fairness and justice for all encouraging the children to develop as responsible members of their local community.
- To ensure that all children have equal access to the full range of educational opportunities.
- To embrace diversity and learn about life in different cultures.
- To promote a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
These aims are reflected in our Wheatlands Promise which we encourage all children to follow. Our promise can be seen below and is displayed throughout school.